The Australian Food Sovereignty Alliance (AFSA) is a collaboration of organisations and individuals working towards a food system in which everyone has the opportunity to access, create, and manage their food supply from paddock to plate. AFSA is seeking an enthusiastic and organised administration assistant to help us build a food sovereign future in Australia. Passion for food sovereignty and agroecology is a must!
Commitment: 8 hours a week (flexible) working from home. You’re also expected to attend two retreats with the AFSA Committee through out the year.
- Strong communication skills
- Very organized & able to work independently
- Experience managing social media platforms
- Website management desirable but not essential
- Finance savvy
- Basic graphic design skills desirable but not essential
- Respond to admin emails & forward to committee members as appropriate
- Organise committee meetings, write agendas, and take minutes
- Manage facebook, instagram and twitter
- Manage membership database, provide monthly membership reports and communicate with members as needed
- Assist with events and fundraising
- Manage the wordpress website, email domains and create content for blog
- Collate monthly newsletter in Mailchimp
- Assist treasurer in managing finances- reconcile accounts in Xero and generate financial reports
- Invoice and send receipts as required
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 21st May.