Feeding Australia, Fairly
Farmers across the country are working hard to feed Australia fairly, but they are not being given a fair go.
What is not fair are the negative impacts on Australian farmers of cheap imports, centralized market control, overly-burdensome regulations and the rampant expansion of the fracking industry. It’s a tough time to be an Australian farmer.
Fair Food Farmers United is a platform to connect, support and provide a united voice for farmers feeding Australia fairly.
Fair Food Farmers United aims to:
- provide a balanced voice to represent farmers who are at the sharp end of the impacts of free trade
- raise awareness about the impacts of cheap imports on farmers
- advocate for fair pricing for farmers selling to the domestic market
- connect Australian farmers for farmer-to-farmer knowledge sharing
- be a voice for farmer-friendly regulations and standards.
Why join FFFU?
- be part of the voice advocating for a viable future for farmers
- benefit from farmer-to-farmer knowledge-exchange and networking through online and offline forums
- belong to a collaborative farmer community
- benefit from regular communications: a membership e-list / a dedicated Twitter account / e-news / blog page
- place your farm profile on the AFSA website and help build a listing of members by region
- enjoy regional and local connections with potential customers
- connect to the national and global fair food movement
Free-range rare breed pig farmer Tammi Jonas of Jonai Farms, Eganstown, Victoria, explains why the time has come for Fair Food Farmers United.
FFFU Blog Posts