The Australian Food Sovereignty Alliance campaigns on behalf of millions of Australians who want a fairer, more sustainable, and more resilient food system.
We represent and advocate for small- and medium-scale producers to every level of government. We’re also a member of international organisations like La Via Campesina and have a seat at the table at the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation. Farmer members also have access to our Legal Defence Fund, who will ensure that you never have to fight alone.
We can only do all of this with your support. Your membership contribution resources the critical campaigns we run, but more importantly, your membership adds to our collective strength – the more people we represent, the harder we are to ignore.
We’re excited to welcome you to AFSA!
Already a member? Log in then update your details
All membership levels:
- ACCESS discounted, first release tickets to AFSA events and members’ only workshops
- ACCESS the Legal Defence Fund for legal support and representation on regulatory and policy issues.
- HAVE INPUT on submissions to government, to provide your views on regulatory issues
- BE PART OF an organisation that represents the interests of small-scale farmers locally, nationally and globally – see our campaigns/submissions.
- HAVE YOUR SAY in how our organisation is run and participate in our Annual General Meeting
- ATTEND our annual Food Sovereignty Convergence.
- All members get an EQUAL VOTE regardless of the size of their business or contribution to membership.
- STAY INFORMED about issues that affect you through our regular newsletter.
- LIST your organisation in our farm directory.
- LINK to your farm on the Open Food Network AFSA Member Group.
We have two membership levels – Farmer and Farmer Ally, because anyone in the food movement who is not a farmer, is an ally! The Allies category is for individuals or organisations.
Membership is offered on a sliding scale so you can choose a membership contribution appropriate to your financial situation. Allies can select an annual contribution from $50 – $500, and Farmer members can select their annual membership contribution from $75-$500.
|Farmer||$150.00 per Year.||Select|
|Ally||$100.00 per Year.||Select|